THE MODERN MINT BLOG
Earth Friendly Gardening Books
Modern Mint are thrilled to announce we now have a collection of Earth Friendly Gardening Books now in stock!
Written by the brilliant and award winning gardener John Walker (who gave us a fantastic interview on this blog last year) we can now offer you the following titles in his oeuvre…
The Brand New Book ‘Weeds’
The Practical ‘How To Create An Eco Garden’
2 Book Collection of Essays ‘Digging Deep’
Click on the photos above to read more about what makes these books such a worthwhile read… or visit the Modern Mint Shop.
If you want a quick run-down of why these books are such a worthwhile purchase, then see below:
- They offer practical advice that you can actually take action on at home in your own garden.
- The writer, John Walker, is an award winning writer who knows how to tell a story well – especially when it comes to earth friendly gardening!
- If this beautiful earth of ours is to be made even better, the ideas these books showcase need to be acknowledged.
- They are great value and can easily be popped into a bag, suitcase or even a pocket for reading on holiday. We often take them on the train with us into London, as they fit neatly into the back pocket of our jeans, making it easy to carry around.
- They make a fantastic gift for a friend – so don’t be shy in buying one!
I Only Have Enough Money for 1 Book – Which is Best?
They are all good, honestly, but the best if you are on a budget is ‘How To Create an Eco Garden.’ It is packed full of useful information and is a lovely, weighty book to hold in the hand. It includes lots of illustrations too.
— BioRisings (@HedgehogTorfaen) August 19, 2016
(As a bonus, The Digging Deep books would be our second choice, as they are full of wit and really get you thinking. Buy Digging Deep the Collection here.)
There seems to be some underhand shenanigans going on here. Bob Flowerdew is threatening to resign. We face losing the UK’s cornerstone organic garden. So please take a look at what is going on via the Facebook group…. go on! Go Now! Save Ryton Organic Gardens!
Today we will be looking at Garden Design Trends in 2018. Just so you are in the know about what is cool and what is not cool in the 12 months ahead…. For the past like, million years I have shared my thoughts on what the gardening industry tell us the latest trends are going to be. If you are interested, you can see here the garden design trends for 2017. Or take a peek at my favourite of all the posts I have written – Alternative Garden Design Trends. This is my individual take on what the latest garden design …
Well now, this is interesting…. UK Plans 50 Million New Trees in Northern Forest Likely? See the pitfalls? We love the idea and wholeheartedly support as much tree planting as possible. But are seriously doubtful that this is more than a sticking plaster solution to England being so vastly ‘under-treed’…. or should that be ‘overfelled?’ Yet whether this idea happens or not, all we ask is that you please make sure you plant as many trees as you can in your garden!