THE MODERN MINT DIARY
Darren will be presenting a slightly different talk for Harlow Beekeepers, who have requested ideas for planting for pollinators. You can find the meeting and other details here. And the talk will include the following....
- What plants / shrubs / trees are good for pollinators, both for pollen and nectar sources (maybe comparative yields? ie bees will pollinate apple, but you wont get much honey from it)
- planting for year round (nearly) forage sources for honey bees
- aspects of which plants go well in certain spots in gardens, e.g. shady / damp / different soil / etc
- potentially discussing some farm crops that can be forage as well as ones we would plant in our gardens
- maybe also what not to have near honey bees - or maybe aspects of what pesticides not to use on your bee friendly plants
- ...and more!
Location:Kings Church, Red Willow, Harlow. CM19 5PAMarch 2nd 2017